Thursday, November 21, 2013

Oh, you know... Just One of Those Annoying "About Me" Surveys...

You guys probably haven't seen these in a LONG LONG time. I'm saying like, since MySpace days. When MySpace was extremely popular before Facebook was noticed and/or existed. 




Maybe people merged over to Facebook because of its simplicity compared to MySpace? MySpace just got a bit too weird. They started adding a lot of pointless features, perhaps too many, and I think that's what drove everybody away (just a guess). Everybody kinda got bored with the whole over-customization of their own page? Maybe? Or just matured and wanted something a bit more...simple.



I know that almost every single person from at least my generation had a MySpace at one point. Hell, I even had 5 different, embarrassing MySpace accounts! Why that many, I don't remember, but I assure you that most had 2 or more at some point too. 



There used to be little side-thing on MySpace called the Bulletin Board. This is where people would post things like upcoming events, parties that they are throwing, anything where they would try to catch EVERYBODY'S attention at once. This is also where they would post "About Me" surveys, which is what this blog post is (supposed to be) about. 



An "About Me" survey is a, say, 50-150 question survey. These sometimes include even more questions than that, and I'm saying like, up to 1,000, but that depends how how truly bored the person taking the survey is. 

I find these annoying sometimes, because there's always that ONE person on everybody's friend lists (and it could be either on Facebook OR MySpace) that does way too many of these, does all the stupid chain mail posts, and does the "If you like me, comment, if you LOVE me, like this, if you want to date me, message me,..." things. 
*If you don't have one of these people on any of your friend lists, it's because either:

A) Your friends don't use their social networks as much.

B) Are mature or just don't give a f*ck.
...or...
C) It's actually you.

I am going to post one, just because it's fun to do once in a while and whoever cares enough to read it, will get (the wonderful advantage) to know me better as a person. ;)


~And if your little hearts desire to do so, you can also copy my survey, paste it wherever you like, and put your own answers!~
Which was also my intentions on posting this too, which was to give you guys something to do with your pretty little selves!




Alright! Enough rambling! Here we go!

.:60 Questions About Me!:.
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

1. First Name and middle name? My first name is Markie, and (uggghhh!) my middle name is Sue...yes,...Sue.

2. What holiday is your birthday closest to?
My birthday is closest to Independence Day, since my birthday is July 7th.


3. Favorite fruit?
Hmm...bananas? Isn't that, like, basically everybody's favorite fruit?


4. Does it bother you when someone says they’ll call you and they don’t?
No, this does not bother me at all, because most likely I don't want to talk to them on the phone anyway (I hate receiving phone calls/conversations). Maybe it's because of my...anti...socialness? Is that a word?


5. Are you allergic to anything?
Yes, in fact, with the bad luck I have, I am allergic to some medicines. One of these medicines is acetaminophen; found in Tylenol-like stuff. So if I get a headache, or sick, or whatever, I'm practically screwed. It was an allergy I developed after having my son (weird, right?).


6. Is there someone/something you want?
Is there someone I want, yes. But if I already have him, does that still count? My fiancé, Dave. :) Something I want, is a peaceful, great, fulfilling life (since I have not completely settled yet with a career and full family I wish for).

7. When was the last time you went swimming?
Hmmm...I think at my friend's (Seth's) house. *If you are reading this, Seth...HAI!* That was last year. Sadly, I didn't swim at all this year, because, you know, I don't have a life like that.


8. How many U.S states have you been to?
Just one, and that's the state I live in (PA). Being that I don't have a life as described in the previous answer, I never ever went out of my state. 

9. how many states have u lived in?
Does it bug you that the beginning letter of this question isn't capitalized? I am a grammar nazi, by the way.

10. Have you ever lived outside the U.S?
Well, guess I don't need to answer this one either...

11. What’s your favorite kind of drink?
Alcohol! Haha, no, actually my favorite kind of drink is coffee. 

12. Does anyone like you?
If anyone did, they wouldn't tell me. Dave is kind of intimidating like that, so no one would have enough balls to say so. Unless the weird-o Facebook stalkers count? You know, the ones that you don't know at all who randomly message you "Hey" once in a while and you just ignore it.

13. Do you have any strange pets?
I used to have a cat that would poop beside the litterbox, instead of in it. But right now, I have no pets. :( Except for my Davey, he's my boy toy though!

14. What is your dream car?
Ooooh, a Bentley! Or Rolls Royce. They are classy! Can't argue with class!

15. What’d you do yesterday?
Hmmm.... just lay around like a potato. Doing absolutely nothing at all.

16. Are you bipolar?
No, but Dave thinks so. I just think it's my hormones honestly, every female has that problem! One minute, I'm happy, the next someone pisses me off, then after I'm crying to that scene on the Lion King where Mufasa dies... Who doesn't?!

17. So do you and your ex’s have a good relationship?
Right now? No! All my relationships end on a "no-speaking-to-each-other" terms.

18. Where would you want to go on a date?
Hmm...Longhorn Steakhouse! Nothing like taking me on a date to see me shove a manly steak down my throat and watch me end up choking on it! (If you found that perverted, you...you..are....probably not the only one.)


19. When’s the last time you were kissed?
Just about a half hour before starting this. My Davey always kisses me before he heads off to work!


20. Has anyone ever sang or played for you personally?
No! Jerks! 

21. Ever been kissed under fireworks?
I don't think so. Maybe Dave?

22. What was the last text message you received:
A text from Dave saying how much he hates his job and the people he works with (I get one of those for each shift he works, honestly).

23. Have you ever bungee jumped?
No, that would probably make me shit myself while bungee jumping. Wouldn't that be quite a "shitty" disaster? *bah-dum-tss*

24. Have you ever kayaked?
Nope. :( No life, remember?

25. Has anyone ten years older than you ever hit on you?
Yes. I think every female gets that once in a while right? And they're usually creepy!

26. Are you an extreme racist?
Hahaha...I like to speed a little when I'm driving?

27. What sound are you listening to right now?
My neighbors outside my window saying how they are able to walk all over town without a problem (which I doubt it, really).

28. What’s your favorite song at the moment?
Silver Springs by Fleetwood Mac. :) It's a chill song!

29. What was the last movie you watched?
Monsters, Inc with my son! I love love love Boo!

30. When was the last time you went on a trip?
Never, unless the grocery store counts.... :')

31. Have you ever seriously vandalized someone else’s property?
No, but when I'm mad I end up doing it to my own, isn't that weird?

32. Have you ever been punched?
Yeah! I was singing along to a rap song around my best friend and accidentally said a lyric with the N-Bomb in it. (She's half white, half black)

33. What’s the first thing you notice about the same sex?
Drama-queens. I do not have many female-friends because of this.

34. Do you have a nickname?
Yes, my dad still calls me "Sparkle", from when I was a kid.

35. What do you usually order from Olive Garden?
Any type of pasta that looks appealing at the moment! 

36. Say something totally random about yourself?
I like when you have to fart sooo bad, that when you finally do, your stomach feels like it deflates.

37. Do you have an iPod?
Yes, 3, but two of them got stolen from work, and the last one Dave got me for my birthday! :) It's a white iPod touch!

38. Has anyone ever said you looked like a celebrity?
I mainly got Avril Levigne. Maybe it's because of my hair and skinny-ness.

39. Do you have freckles?
Yes! But most don't notice them because of my foundation! :(

40. Are you comfortable with your height?
Kinda, I feel a little too short and helpless though at some times, but then again I don't want to be taller than most men, especially my Dave.

41. Do you love someone right now?
Well, fucking duh, Dave, my son (Damien!), and my family!

42. How tall are you?
I am 5 feet and 2 inches. I am petite. Hear me roar.

43. Do you speak any other language other than english??
Not really, but I do know some German and some Spanish, but just the basics!
Ich liebe Dave!

44. Have you ever ridden in a limo?
No, but I've always wondered what they look like in the inside.

45. Has anyone you were really close to passed away?
Not really, but don't jinx it!!! *knocks on virtual wood*

46. Do you watch MTV?
I used to in the mornings in 8th grade before school every day. I listened to the morning music videos while getting ready.

47. What TV show do you hate?
Tim and Eric: Awesome Show! Great Job! from Adult Swim. No, Tim and Eric, not awesome show, not great job...

48. What’s something that really annoys you?
When a couple breaks up on Facebook, and they both post about how much they hate each other and how evil the other one is, but then a month later...they get back together and then post about how much they love the other and blah blah. Dumbasses.

49. Do you think Paris deserved jail time?
WTF does this have to do about me? Yes, stupid bitch!

50. Do you have a celebtity crush?
Hmm...Jensen Ackles from Supernatural...*Dave's going to hate me for this one!

51. Do you have a pet?
Didn't you already kind of ask this?

52. What is behind you?
A pillow...I'm in my bed...comfy! Comfy!

53. Do you drive when you go on long trips?
Yes! I love driving! Dave and I always fight over the wheel!

54. What’s the latest you have ever stayed out?
Probably until 3 or 4 am, going on a Taco Bell then Walmart trip after work with Dave. I'm 22, I have no curfew, dammit!

55. Have you ever thought that you were honestly going to die?
Yes! Do you know how many car accidents I almost got into from my bad driving?!

56. Were you ever rushed by an ambulance into the emergency room?
No, God forbid, but I do want to know what it looks like in an ambulance!

57. What are you wearing?
Oooh, baby! A white long-sleeved thermal and some skinny jeans! Yes, I lay in bed with jeans on...

58. Who do you live with?
My son, but I am working on moving Dave in with me! :)

59. What color is your hair?
Brown, but my family says it's dirty-blonde. I honestly don't see it.

60. What color are your eyes?
Green! I wouldn't want any other color!

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

There we go! My 60-question "About Me" survey! I did NOT come up with those questions myself, I found it off of a website called, http://www.survizzle.com.



Most people probably won't even read your answers (except for your stalkers...) but hey, they are still fun when you got nothing else to do!  I haven't done one of these in years, so I thought I'd share one for old time's sake! :) Enjoy guys!

-Markie

Oh! And a funny for the end of this post for you! 



No comments:

Post a Comment